Wednesday 17 September 2008

The dreaded day 5

Funny old day today. I was not as rough as the book predicts you might be but wasn't feeling all that either, felt very spaced out this morning, my brain just wouldn't compute but I think drinking a LOT of water today helped. Enjoyed my food again today but had the most horrendous craving for something sweet after lunch. Restrained it for so long then it came over me again, possibly because the box of chocolates was being handed around the office. Hmmmm. Decided I would just see if there was a dark chocolate in there as that is allowed. Then changed my mind, I thought no, I can fight this, I really can. Two minutes later I was shouting at N to `getoutofthewayIneedtogetinthe fridge!!!!!!' Checked the box and there was one. It was a marzipan one. I sodding hate marzipan and even if I didn't, I have a feeling marzipan would be very sugary, i.e very carby, i.e very bad. So I restrained myself. For 5 minutes at which point I threw down my pen and marched off down to the shop for a bar of dark chocolate. A mere square later (4.9 carbs fact fans) and that was me satisfied. The rest of the bar is in the fridge with a little message on it ;-)

I didn't feel guilty either, well I didn't need to because it is allowed but I was determined not to have anything sweet at all but it ain't going to happen if I get cravings like that, I will just send myself demented. Including everyone else in the office probably! lol.

Off on our big adventure of a weekend away tomorrow and looking forward to it, still undecided whether I am going to `cheat' and have a couple of drinks, I will see how I feel when I get there. I don't want to mess it up but then on the other hand if I do, by some miracle, manage to stick to this for life a few little drinks now are not the end of the world. But then I think no, I should stick to the book religiously for the first two weeks and there will be plenty of time for drinking later.

Then I think that I need to remember I DO still have a life :-)

No comments: